How to not run end to end tests

Jan 21, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Is there a way to successfully run end to end tests inside VS2012, or a way to have Chutpha run only unit tests and not end to end tests?  

I have not figured out how to configure end to end tests inside VS2012, so I am using an Jasmine based angular-scenario html runner for the end to end tests.  Therefore, I would like to use Chutzpah for Jasmine based unit tests only.  I would like to keep both unit tests and end to end tests inside my Visual Studio project.  

My problem is Chutzpah runs both unit tests and end to end tests, and always shows errors for the end to end tests.  Its an angularJS project, and I'm trying to follow the standard angular seed directory structure which includes both unit tests, and end to end tests in the project. 

I'm using Chutzpha VS2012 2.2.1 extension, and end to end tests with angular-scenario html runner.

Any recommendations?

Coordinator
Jan 28, 2013 at 3:00 AM

Using the Test Adapter in VS 2012 there is currently not a way to have Chutzpah ignore certain files or folders. This would be a very reasonable feature and I will look into it for a future release. 

Feb 9, 2013 at 10:58 PM
+1
Feb 12, 2013 at 3:20 PM
+1
Coordinator
Mar 1, 2013 at 3:24 PM
Proposed solution:

Chutzpah has a feature that lets you specify settings in a file on disk named Chutzpah.json. I can add a property to that file named
ExcludePaths which will let you specify paths/files to exclude.

Does that sound reasonable?
May 13, 2013 at 7:45 PM
please do.

Can you reply to the thread when its done?
I've registered and set a subscription on the thread just for this one thing.

Thanks a bunch.
Sep 2, 2013 at 9:18 AM
Hi, any news on this issue? I´m also very interested in this feature.

Thanks!
Coordinator
Sep 2, 2013 at 5:17 PM
Nothing to report yet. I have not had a chance to work on this. But if you are interested feel free to fork and I would happily accept a pull request.