Anyway to make Chutzpah ignore certain test files?

Jun 23, 2013 at 2:24 PM
I have tests that don't work in phantomjs. I have them setup in a html harness to be run manually.
I'd like them to not get run by Chutzpah when I run all tests or use the Test Explorer plugin.
Is this currently possible?
Coordinator
Jun 23, 2013 at 8:26 PM
Currently there is not a way to do this. I have been thinking about adding a feature as part of the chutzpah.json file to list files you want excluded but I do not have an eta when I will get around to adding this.
Jun 27, 2013 at 1:20 AM
Thanks. I am currently using VS Test Playlists as a work around.
Mar 18 at 9:58 PM
I'd like to be able to drop in a comment like /// <chutzpahIgnore /> at the top of individual files.
Coordinator
Mar 18 at 9:59 PM
You can use the tests setting in the chutzpah.json file to declare what tests chutzpah should run: https://chutzpah.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Using%20the%20tests%20setting&referringTitle=Chutzpah.json%20Settings%20File
Mar 18 at 10:05 PM
Edited Mar 18 at 10:05 PM
thanks
Coordinator
Mar 18 at 10:10 PM
Edited Mar 18 at 10:10 PM
{
  "Tests": [
      {
              "Exclude": "*ok.js"
       }

]
}
This will run all tests except those that end in ok.js
Mar 18 at 10:24 PM
I've tried putting this in the test dir (~/tests/specs)..
{
        { "Include": "../*" },
        { "Path": ".", "Include": "*.js", "Exclude": "test_appservices.js" },
    ]
}
.. and I've tried putting this in the root dir ..
{
        { "Include": "Scripts/*" },
        { "Path": "tests/specs/", "Include": "*.js", "Exclude": "test_appservices.js" },
    ]
}
Makes no difference. There is no clear documentation on where the Chutzpah.json file should go if it is a part of a Visual Studio project so I have no clue as to what I'm doing wrong..
Coordinator
Mar 18 at 10:28 PM
  1. Chutzpah.json needs to be place in any directory at/above where your tests are. Makes no difference if you are in VS or not.
  2. You must start your exclude path with a *
{
        { "Include": "Scripts/*" },
        { "Path": "tests/specs/", "Include": "*.js", "Exclude": "*test_appservices.js" },
    ]
}
Mar 19 at 6:28 AM
thanks again .. #2 was my issue